Thursday, August 11, 2011

MAMMA MIA SOPHIA!


wallcrow.com

Looking at some of our featured vintage dresses got me thinking about the amazing Sophia Loren.  I consider her one of my Hollywood goddesses.  Her exotic beauty and impossibly fabulous figure has made her a living legend.  Loren has won an Oscar, Golden Globes, a Grammy, and many others.  At age 77, she is still as vivacious as ever.

One of my favourite of her films is "Houseboat" co-starring Cary Grant.  There's something really funny and goofy and romantic about this film.  I think I like the idea of a dad who is so panicked about raising his kids alone on a houseboat.  Loren has a serendipitous meeting with one of the children and the rest is history.

Here are some dresses that I could imagine Sophia wearing when feeling like a siren and when she is feeling like the girl next door...



Retro Black Strapless Ruched Taffeta Cocktail Dress S126


 
Marina Lemoyne Couture Silk Cocktail Dress S220


Morton Myles for the Warrens, Blue Ruffled Taffeta Dress M469


Vintage 1950s Pink Striped Cotton Summer Dress S200


Vintage 1950s Reproduction Wiggle Dress M508



No comments: