Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Magnetic Personality

Bookmark and Share


squidoo.com

When I was 18, the travel bug bit me big time.  In my last year of high school, a chance opportunity to go to Europe for the first time opened up a world for me I didn't know I craved and wanted.  Since that first voyage, I have been fortunate enough to travel to many more cities and countries in both hemispheres.

I have many shelves full of photo albums, boxes full of mementos and souvenirs.  In the last few years, I made the choice to keep my travel collections on a smaller scale.  That's when souvenir magnets become my passion which replaced the photos on our refrigerator.  They're not all from interesting destinations.  I have one from last summer's "Harry Potter" exhibit and one from the "Lord of the Rings" musical.  I also collect magnets from great museum exhibits.  Now our friends are bringing them back for me from their vacations and outings. I like to think that magnets are not as hokey as tiny spoons or buttons, but just as fun as a t-shirt or postcard. 



Item image
E.T. 80's Cereal Box Fridge Magnet


Union Line Vintage Ship Travel Poster Fridge Magnet


Refrigerator Magnets HOME DECOR VINTAGE TRAVEL POSTERS




No comments: