Monday, May 9, 2011

HEARTTHROBS A PLENTY...

Bookmark and Share

wikipedia.org
I might be the last person around who didn't realise until recently that Ralph Macchio (A.K.A. Karate Kid Daniel LaRusso) is a current contestant on a celebrity dance competition reality show.  I've been catching up on some of his past routines on the internet.  He is not a very good dancer but he does have heart and amazingly time hasn't been knocking on his door.  He still looks about 20, but he is 49 years old with a daughter about to go to university.  Last Thursday morning, I was in a drug store cash line when I spotted a bare-chested Rob Lowe on the cover of this month's issue of Vanity Fair.  It was just too tempting to pass up.


[ OXFORD BLUES POSTER ]
movieposter.com
I love these reminders of the heartthrobs from my younger years.  I love seeing them again now.  I had always had their images frozen in my mind as they were, beautiful and perfect.  One of my very favourites passed away not long ago.  Patrick Swayze will forever be my perfect example of manly goodness.  However not all have gone on to better things or better lives.  I saw a very broken down Leif Garrett on a celebrity rehab show recently.  He was financially and morally bankrupt.  He didn't look like the same cutie I remember from my preteen years.  Drugs and personal sadness had gotten the better of him.


wordsofmeproject.blogspot.com

I think I will be going on a journey to find out what has happened to some of my other favourites:  Rex Smith, Robbie Benson, Shawn Cassidy, Chris Makepeace, Matt Dillon...the list goes on.

Anytime I feel like retreating into my shell, it helps to know that I'm not alone.  My heartthrobs keep me company in old magazines, old movies and now on current television shows and in print.








Vintage 1979 Rex Smith Sooner Or Later LP Album



Mens Vintage 70s Rockabilly SEXY FASHION No2 Shirt FIT
 
Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe (2011, Ha...
Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe (2011)The most anticipated autobiography of the year











1 comment:

Kori said...

Loving Daniel San on DWTS! Did you hear about my 1st novel release? You can check it out here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YTMGA0 Have a wonderful Monday doll!

Kori xoxo

www.blondeepisodes.com