Thursday, March 10, 2011

GIRL POWER!

Am I bad that I didn't really celebrate International Women's Day on Tuesday?  I didn't realise that this day has been celebrated for better part of a century.  It is amazing what women have achieved in the last 100 years, the last 50 years, heck the last 20 years even.  I like to think that one day, we won't need to celebrate this day at all because having women in positions of power and influence will just be the norm.  So I'm glad that women of all ages have celebrated this day, but let's work towards it not being an issue at all!

Here are some images of women all around the world...


cherieblair.org

bwint.org

humanosphere.kplu.org


electronicintifada.net



Enjoy reading the works of some amazing women...

The Heart of a Woman




The Complete Works of the Brontë Family




Gertrude Stein: Writings, 1903 to 1932, Vol. 1 (Library of America)
Gertrude Stein: Writings, 1903 to 1932, Vol. 1 (Library of America)

No comments: