Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU!


Bookmark and Share

ruffledblog.com
 I am such a hope(ful)less romantic at heart.  But I'm not that mushy "Romcom" girl in the stilettos looking for her downtown man.  I am in fact a married woman who is always falling in love with "manly men" from bygone eras.  I suppose that is why I love the idea of vintage so much.  I think of women in beautiful vintage dresses on the arms of beautifully dressed men.

It's a very romantic notion to have of men being very gentlemanly, offering their hands when needed, opening doors, etc.  Some women might say that I'm killing any advances we have made in the feminist movement.  But why can't we women be both strong and feminine?  I like to think that these two traits could coexist happily in any woman.  I can kick some butt but still love getting roses and relax on occasion when a man wants to take charge of a situation. 
vintagedressup.blogspot.com
 
I asked for a number of DVDs for Christmas and I noticed that a lot of my choices are movies/television shows from different eras that show men in very brave or masculine light.  Forget about the metrosexual man who's sexual allegiance seems questionable.  What about the brutes with heart?  What about the guy in the dashing suit who can go seamlessly from a swanky dinner party to secretly saving the world in one night?!  I also love the bad guy who, deep inside, wants to be good.  But that's a story for another blog!

Here are some lyrics from Bonnie Tyler's hit song "Holding Out For a Hero".  It pretty well sums up my ideas very nicely!


"...Where have all the good men gone and where are all the gods ?
Where's the street-wise Hercules to fight the rising odds ?
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed ?
Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need


I need a hero, I'm holding out for at hero 'till the end of the night
He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero, I'm holding out for a hero 'till the morning light
He's gotta be sure and it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life, larger than life..."




Some accessories for the hero in your life...

                               

1 comment:

Kim said...

That's one of the reasons I love about Viva Las Vegas...all the well dressed European men!