Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Still a Vintage Christmas After All These Years



Bookmark and Share



I really love Christmas. As a child it was all about the presents, but as an adult Christmas becomes more about the essence of feeling the spirit of the season.


Of course, let us not forget the decorations and music. What kind of vintage girl would I be if I did not extend my love of all things vintage into home decorating for the holidays.


45 years ago, my father bought a white Christmas tree. This tree is still put up in my home today as an homage to him, but also because I think it is beautiful. Dad would decorate it simply - with only green and red ornaments. The contrast of the red and green against the white tree was absolutely stunning, and I continue to re-create that look every year.

The photo above is our first home with the white tree in the back and family in front.


How do you decorate your home for the holidays? I love to buy second hand decorations, particularly the soldier nutcrackers. However, every year I purchase something new and special to add to the collection.


No comments: