Monday, August 13, 2012

MANNERS 101 - OMG!!! WARNING - ADULT CONTENT!

Bookmark and Share


'Now I've seen everything'.  This is a commonly used phrase when one has witnessed something unbelievable.  

Husband and I were in the car one evening.  We stopped behind a transit bus at a red light.  On its rear was some advertising.  At first I didn't pay any attention to what I thought was the usual stuff.  But on this night, what I glanced at made our jaws drop.  There was a large ad for a cosmetic surgery clinic.  There were small photos illustrating the variety of their services.  One caught my eye and I nearly swallowed my tongue.  Hey, any women out there just longing for a LABIAPLASTY?!  Both husband and I felt our legs crossing and getting the heebie-jeebies!

Do we actually live in a society where such a treatment can be openly advertised?  To be honest, neither of us even knew exactly what this type of "improvement" actually entails.  Are they talking about reconstructive or purely aesthetic surgery?  I had a million questions in my mind, but at the same time, I didn't want to go there!

Have print ads and advertising gone too far?  I remember my English friend once mentioned that their BBC broadcasters don't do commercials for feminine protection or feminine irritation products.  I don't think those ones are that bad, but this clinic certainly has balls (and if you don't, they have services to provide!)

Ah, the good ol' days...

Carol

No comments: