Wednesday, March 28, 2012

1970s Vintage Platform Shoes

Bookmark and Share


Men's Platform Shoes

Women's Platform Shoes


The shoe debate has been around for generations. What is stylish? Is it comfortable? Is it practical? We often sacrifice comfort for style. Have a look at this hilarious video on 1970s platform shoes. It was a time when men's and women's shoes were sometimes indistinguishable - looking very similar for both sexes.


Don't think it's not around today. Thank you Lady Gaga. Is the gentleman sold with the shoes?







2 comments:

Catwalk Creative Vintage said...

Brilliant video clip. Thanks for sharing!

"People ain't supposed to walk around with big fat shoes on their feet!" hahahaha!

I had a fabulous pair of platforms when I was at Junior school in the 1970s. I thought I was the 'bees knees'. I always felt they were pretty safe to walk in since the heels were so chunky.

I think the divine Lady Gaga takes it to a whole new level though. Not sure that she looks so cool to be honest but . . . bring back platform shoes! ;-)

Some Like it Vintage.com said...

Isn't this a hoot! And I remember the trick to platform shoes and pants needing to be right down to the ground covering the whole shoe!