Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Color Blind?

Bookmark and Share


I have a confession to make - I'm really bad at picking color names. I often need help to describe the color of my vintage items and turn to a color thesaurus. Even then, with the thousands of shades and names available, it can get quite overwhelming!

Here is an example. The color red. It's not just red but....
Cherry Red
Scarlet Red
Fire Engine Red
Free Speech Red
Sangria Red
Dark Red
Maroon
Fire Brick Red
Venetian Red
and on and on.....

So you can imagine the difficulty I have with red, the glare of photographing and choosing the color that describes it well. Here are some red dresses I recently acquired.






See what I mean? So forgive me if I default to Red. It's still stunning in a vintage dress, no matter what you call it.

No comments: