Thursday, September 15, 2011

WE LOVE LUCY

Bookmark and Share


lucille ball 212x300 lucille ball
newsmania.com
Recently the world celebrated what would have been Lucille Ball's 100th birthday.  This is also the year that the Desilu production of "I Love Lucy" marked 60 years since the show first aired on American television.  What can I say about Lucy?  I love her like I love Carol Burnett - 2 redheads who cracked up generations of audiences.  Lucy died on Carol's birthday which is ironic as Ball used to send flowers every year on Burnett's birthday.  A bouquet even arrived the day of Ball's death.

Instead of the usual tribute, I thought it would be more fun to celebrate Lucy and "I Love Lucy" by showcasing some of the most memorable and funny lines from the show:



posters.ws
 LUCY:  I want the names to be unique and euphonious.
RICKY: Okay. Unique if it's a boy, and Euphonious if it's a girl.


LUCY: Ever since we said "I do", there have been so many things that we don't.


RICKY: Look, all I know is that Columbus discovered Ohio in 1776.


RICKY: Lucy's actin' crazy.
FRED: Crazy for Lucy, or crazy for ordinary people?


RICKY: Hey, Lucy, a funny thing happened to me on the way to the theater.
LUCY: What?
RICKY: Some tramp comes up to me on the street and says he hadn't had a bite in three days.
LUCY: What did you do, bite him?


RICKY: Something's wrong with the electricity. My shaver isn't working.
LUCY: Something's wrong with the gas. My chicken isn't working.


[Ricky and Lucy are doing a show together]
RICKY: Hey, Lucy, did you hear about the fire at the shoe factory?
LUCY: I'll bet some heel started it.
RICKY: You're supposed to say, "What happened?"
LUCY: What's that?
RICKY: What happened?
LUCY: 200 soles were lost.

posters.ws

RICKY: [with heavy accent] I won't switch apartments. Understand?
LUCY: Yes.
RICKY: What did I say?
LUCY: "I wun't swish aparments".


LUCY:[Lucy gets caught spying on the neighbors] I was, uh... bird-watching!
RICKY: Bird-watching?
LUCY: Uh, yeah! Do you know that there's a yellow-bellied woodpecker on our lawn?
RICKY: No, but I know that there's a red-headed cuckoo in the living room.


RICKY: I can't afford it.
LUCY: Those must have been the first English words you learned.



and finally the most famous quote of all...


RICKY: Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!

No comments: