Thursday, May 5, 2011

The "Seinfeld" of Blogs

Bookmark and Share

Cute Cartoon Girl ThinkingHere I sit with my laptop on my...well lap.  My mind is quite blank and I don't have any witty opinions to share with you.  This I fear might be the "Seinfeld" of blogs.  With your permission, I might just end up rambling about anything that is passing through my brain.  OK, vintage, vintage, vintage.  The hypnotic way in which I am repeating this word to myself isn't helping at all right now.  I've got the television on, my day is winding down and it's been a busy one as usual.  Life seems to be spinning faster and faster these days.  Why is that?  And why did I put myself on this rat race wheel?

OK, it's slowly coming to me like molasses pouring out of a squeeze bottle.  A germ of an idea.  No, it's gone.  The harder I try to conjure up a brilliant thought in my brain, the more it's screaming "uncle, uncle".  Some days it's just like that.  Why can't the mind be a blank slate those nights I have trouble sleeping?  Right now I'd love a gaggle of elephants to pass through my living room so I can say that something really phenomenal just happened.  Sipping an alcoholic beverage for the last hour hasn't loosened me up much.  Maybe I need to move onto some harder stuff.  No, this vice isn't the answer most experts would say.

funny cartoon clipart picture of Thinking  of boyLet's try expressing what has been going through my mind the last few days.  I'm still in a very romantic and mushy mood from the royal wedding.  I've been watching chick flicks as well.  Is this escapism or just side effects from too much royal coverage?

That is the beauty my beloved vintage and retro world.  I can escape and pay homage to the past at the same time.  I can believe in only the goodness of decades past and romanticize them the way I want.  Wow, I found a relevant angle.  I've always found that not trying is the best way to get words to screen.  What will I write about tomorrow?  Good question!


"...After all, tomorrow is another day" Scarlett said.  So true, so true.





2 comments:

DearHelenHartman said...

I can totally see Alice, the maid from the Brady Bunch wearing that Hawaiian shirt - and Sam the Butcher with a matching one! Love the pic.

Kori said...

You are adorable honey! I want that bag!

By the way--have you heard that my 1st novel is being released on Amazon.com tomorrow?! Check it out on my blog! Have a wonderful Cinco De Mayo honey! Kori xoxo

www.blondeepisodes.com