Monday, March 14, 2011

He-Man Woman Haters Club

Bookmark and Share


My husband hosted his annual birthday poker party for the guys.  As this is a new event in the last few years, I've never quite figured out my role in the evening's preparations and activities.  It's usually supposed to be a boys club evening, but we always seem to end up with a few girls in attendance.  When we sat down to eat before the game, I noticed right away that all the men sat around the dining room table cum poker table, while the 3 of us girls sat in the kitchen.  I come from a fairly traditional family where segregation is the norm at any of the get-togethers.  But I've never really agreed with this sexist attitude.  So how did we end up sexually divided at mealtime in my own home?!

I've come to realise that sometimes boys need to be with other boys.  We are pack animals after all and sometimes there's nothing better than just hanging out with one of your own.  Jokes can be cruder and topics of conversation can become more focused on sports and stuff.  Occasionally there would be a bodily function joke or an ogle at a pretty girl passing by.

Next year, I'm really hoping to leave the boys on their own while I go out to visit friends or go see a movie.  All I ask is that they put the seat down when they're done!

Here is a fun excerpt from the "Little Rascals" remake movie:


"We are he-man woman haters.  We feed girls to alligators.  Our clubhouse burned down mighty low.  But we’ve got a plan to make some dough!”

“I… Stymie… Member in good standing of the He-Man Woman Haters Club… Do solemnly swear to be a he-man and hate women and not play with them or talk to them unless I have to. And especially: never fall in love, and if I do may I die slowly and painfully and suffer for hours – or until I scream bloody murder.”



WANTED:  NEW MEMBERS FOR THE HE-MAN WOMAN HATERS CLUB!

Mego Vintage Our Gang Little Rascals Spanky Figure


Vintage childrens clothes girls summer outfit 1940-50's



The Little Rascals: The Complete Collection

No comments: