Monday, January 17, 2011

Let's Have a Pajama Party!!


Bookmark and Share


Scene from the movie "Grease"
weloveya.wordpress.com
 Winter is officially upon us.  I am not going to comply.  I am going to fight it all the way to spring!  One way to distract myself is to host a good old fashioned "no boys allowed" pajama party.   I saw "Grease" on television during the holidays and that sleep-over scene made me think again about the idea of reliving that fun with my friends.  I have a birthday coming up and that might be the perfect opportunity for this party.

I don't hear that much about girly sleep-over parties anymore.  I wonder if it's a bygone notion?  Today we prefer to communicate via various social networking websites, cell phones, text messages, emails and telephone calls as almost a last resort.  So isn't it a nice idea to have just the girls over to eat bad food, sip on some vintage cocktails, maybe watch a romcom and just gab away.  We could talk about boys, but please let's leave out all the complaints about our men.  I'd rather talk about the quality of Brad Pitt's bum in the movie "Troy".  Or maybe the pizza delivery guy is going to be better than average.  Or we could even make out that "top 10 list".



Scene from the movie "13 Going on 30"
fashionablethings.com

 
Maybe I'm just sleep-deprived and the world is spinning around quicker and quicker it seems.  So let's slow things down a bit and have some US time.  I've got plenty of sappy movies just waiting to be watched.  Who would like to come to my party?









Here are some cozy items for your own pajama party...



Vintage 60's Qiana Saks Fifth Avenue Pajama Set Nylon 8/M


 

No comments: