Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas....


Bookmark and Share
I am a sap - and it is for the movie White Christmas. A holiday tradition for many, the theme song, sung by the Old Groaner himself, Bing Crosby, is still the best selling single of all time. The film starring Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen is now 56 years old. This is one of my top 5 favorite movies.

I try to watch it a few times during the holiday season, last Saturday being the second time already. Hmmm, I wonder how many times I can fit it in this year? I feel a challenge coming on...

Other than the theme song, my other favorite song is surprisingly very non-chrismas-y...Love, You Didn't Do Right By Me brings sexy back (sorry Justin Timberlake). Watch it and you'll see what I mean.




Of course the sexiness comes in the form of the stunning black velvet gown designed by Edith Head. As a result of the mermaid style of this gown, Ms. Clooney floats down the stairs onto the stage. The cutwork of the neckline is sharp - as biting as the lyrics of the song. And when she turns around, voilĂ  - an unexpected surprise of a large diamond brooch - what sizzle!

Oh yes....and surrounded by four lovely men is always a complement :-)

The movie just stays in the DVD player until the new year. Do you have a favorite Christmas movie?

Let us bring sexy back - in vintage style of course! 




No comments: