Monday, June 1, 2009

You Are A Jewel!

I mentioned in a previous post that up until the 1920s fashion and status and wealth were completely linked. A wealthy person would only buy real diamonds, pearls and other precious gems. But beginning in the 1920s, one could wear costume jewellery and get away with it thanks to Coco Chanel cleverly mixing the two.

A crystal brooch or fake pearl necklace could renew an outfit at a lesser cost. It was the same with other accessories too - belts, hats, ornamental buttons, scarves, gloves, bags and silk corsages all added an instant and affordable update.

When clothing was more expensive, women were able to stay in style by changing their accessories.

Here are some fabulous jewelery accessories from one of my favorite vintage jewelers on etsy: Boyle Antique & Vintage Jewlery

These will make any outfit spectacular!







Enamel Rhinestone Glass Gold Filigree Pendant Deco Necklace



Sterling Marcasite Blue Lapis Stone Art Deco Brooch

4 comments:

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

OMG, Veronica! Talk about making my day! I just refreshed by dashboard and saw you did a post..started to read and shake my head saying to myself "she's got the depression era jewelry down to a T". Then I see the pictures and did a whoop! Thank you ever so much! Don't you just love this era? Ok...now I need to come down off of cloud nine ;D but I'll enjoy it a bit longer!

Some Like it Vintage.com said...

Hi Alicia! A well deserved post for someone who knows her jewelery! I love your items and drool over everything in your store...one day soon I will be buying that special piece for myself.

Glad you liked the post - stay on cloud nine as long as you want! who says you should come down off of it! :-)

Keith said...

Those are really beautiful. I love them. I hope your week has been going well. Take care. Cheers!

Keith said...

These are so beautiful. I love them. I like jewelry like this. I hope you are having a good week. Take care. Cheers!