Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wallflower Vintage Presents: Pretty in Pink 1986

Last night I watched Pretty in Pink - a classic story of boy meets girl. Boy is rich, girl is poor - hilarity ensues. (not really, but that teenage angst stuff is just so funny in a not-so-funny way). I was seriously amazed and slightly revolted by the fashions of the mid-80s. The movie was made in 1986 - a year I thought was at the height of haute couture (think Madonna, Thompson Twins, Howard Jones, Bananarama, Mr. Mister...) Gee, not really making a point am I?

My POINT is - the pink dress Andi made for the prom was so darn UGLY - like she was wearing a bag.

A pink bag.

Now, I am in the business of showcasing vintage garments - usually with a modern twist - but that sack, if it were to fall into my hands - well, there's nothing for it, NOTHING.

For more meaningful fashions, check out our ever-increasing selection of vintage items at Wallflower Vintage - we have over 2000 in stock with more arriving weekly.

Oh, and what's your take on the fashions of the eighties?

2 comments:

Kim said...

I mostly wore vintage when I dressed up, pegged jeans and leather jacket when dressed down, and plaid pegged pants with creepers. I bought most of my clothes at the thrift store. I was not into the fashion of the time.

Linn said...

Great photos girl...
Loved the fashion back then,,,

Have a great day!