Monday, July 19, 2010

Wallflower Vintage Presents: Gratification Management - or How to Boost your Self-Esteem Without Really Trying

So, I watched "The Today Show" this morning and was happy to learn that I could raise my self-esteem by using a little known tool called: "gratification management". It seems all you have to do is buy lesser known brands, wait for sales, cook from scratch and use coupons. To quote SNL: "REALLY? really? really!?

Just try to be strong when you're in the grocery store and Junior wants Froot Loops and you have to buy the store brand: that can leave you "feeling poor". REALLY? really? really!?

What an amazing "Feel Good" story - I am so glad I caught that as I drank my self-brewed coffee and ate my off-brand Fruity O's. I mulled it over as I pulled on my thrifted skirt and top and slipped into my $1.00 ballet flats.

I'm still pondering the fascinating segment as I eat my bagged lunch and contemplate what I'll be cooking for dinner tonight (gotta check my coupons first).

You know? I AM feeling better about myself. Just found a Froot Loops coupon I can double!

Seriously - Buy VINTAGE to boost your self-esteem. You're unique in all the world, you're thrifty and you're fabulous!

No comments: