Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wallflower Vintage Presents: Not Afraid



While thinking about a blog topic for today, I just couldn't keep Eminem's songs 'Not Afraid' and 'Love the Way you Lie' out of my head. I've never been a fan of rapper Eminem, however these songs resonate.

In 'Not Afraid' he deals with rehab - seemingly of all forms - offering to give his hand to walk the road of recovery together. I have no idea what he has been through in his life, but I can imagine he did not have an easy time of it. The lyrics are universally relate-able albeit not for minors.

In 'Love the Way You Lie' Eminem takes us through the closed doors of domestic violence in a matter of fact rap-narrative of the abuser. He is not condoning the act, merely walking us through the thought processes of the abuser and the abused (hauntingly sung by Rihanna). There is no cut and dry solution proposed - just the facts ma'am.

The photos today gave the impression of 'behind glass' or 'up on a pedestal', thus propelling my brain-waves to Eminem and his music - thanks for asking.

2 comments:

LittleRachael said...

Ooo I LOVE LOVE LOVE that dress and belt!!

Little Rachael Vintage
Http://littlerachaelvintage.blogspot.com

Prue and Julia said...

I also feel deeply stirred when I hear "Love the Way you Lie".... your unafraid dresses are gorgeous and I love your interesting blog!!