Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Everyone Needs a Best Friend Like This



Who is your best friend? If you are Tanja Star Busmann, your best friend since childhood was Audrey Hepburn.

Yes, that Audrey Hepburn. Apparently the two met as teenagers in London and remained close. When Ms. Hepburn began her rise to stardom and her acquisition of couture clothing grew, she would often send boxes of clothing to her friend Tanja. We could all use a best friend like that! Not only an endearing, lifelong friendship, but a stunning wardrobe to boot!

Ms. Busmann has recently decided to let Kerry Taylor auction off some of these beautiful gowns on December 8th, in London. If only I could go...

...who am I kidding? If only I had a limitless bank account...the last time a vintage Hepburn item was auctioned it brought in over $700 000. That was for the Givenchy little black dress worn in Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Well, dream along with me. Let us admire the great Audrey Hepburn, who, considering how vast her wardrobe was, traveled with only one suitcase while working with Unicef, in the last chapter of her remarkable life.




 

 

1 comment:

Witchcrafted Life said...

My husband recently brought the news of the Audrey auction to my attention (it broke early on an Italian news site he often reads), and I instantly began to think about how wonderful it would be to see the garments they're auctioning off in person. I could never in a billion years even so much as afford to toss a bid into the ring when it comes to actually owning one, but to see them up close would have been almost as amazing.


Thank you so very much for all your wonderful comments and visits, sweet dear. I hope you're having a beautiful week!
♥ Jessica