Friday, June 26, 2009

Who Me?!?!?!?



Well, Alicia over at her Boylerpf Antique Vintage Jewelery blog, sent me an award! It's the Premio Meme Award. Merci bien, mon cher ami!

Rules: State 7 things about me and pass the award on to 7 others.

Well, I normally do not get personal on my blog, using it as a business marketing tool. But I've been having so much fun reading other blogs, that I feel like I've come to know so many people through their blog writing - laughing with them, crying with them, feeling the same emotions they are - which is remarkable considering how cold a place the internet can be.

Well, for those of you who are interested in 7 things about me here we go. For those of you who are not... :-)

1. I have a stunning Siberian Husky dog. His name is Arthur and was given to me 6 years ago by my now ex. Arthur saved my life many, many times and I owe him everything. My ex (read sidebar) held me hostage for 16 months, and during his tortures, my dog would come and sit next to me, causing the ex to stop his actions temporarily.

2. I used to be a concert pianist. I do not perform anymore and taught for 9 years. I love classical and jazz music, but play only classical. Jazz is very difficult to play! There are not a lot of musicians that can easily cross the boundary between classical and jazz - and I admire them greatly!

3. I have a black belt in Wado Ryu Karate and continue to train 4 times a week. A traditional Okinawan form of martial arts, I now teach classes and run self-defense seminars for women wanting to learn the basics of defending themselves.

4. I'm 40. :-) nuff said.

5. I want to be completely fluent in French. Almost there, working hard with my tutor.

6. I hate folks who complain about everything when they really have nothing to complain about. They are usually the ones who also have little or no manners. The word 'thank you' is simply not a part of their vocabulary. (Am I complaining here?)

7. I'm a workaholic. Prefering to be super busy for a long time and then taking a well deserved vacation is my idea of a great life. I can't imagine retirement!

Whew! I feel naked now that I've revealed things about myself.

Awards to my fellow bloggin' friends:

2 comments:

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

OMG...these have to be the most interesting answers I have read! Black belt? Superb piano player? Fluent French? I am in total awe...that is so great...you naked one, you! What a fabulous dog you have...they stay friends forever.
Thanks so much for playing along...your are really the best!

Keith said...

Thanks Veronica for the award. I'll definitely try to get a post up on this very soon. Great to read this about you. Take care.